The BAE-IAP- KC- 3rd Roundtable of Schools of Architecture – April 2017
Third BAE-IAP Roundtable meeting in Karachi was held on April 01, 2017 at City Campus of NED University, Karachi to which all heads of Architecture School in the province of Sindh and Baluchistan were invited. The meeting was hosted by Department of Architecture at NED University. Following was the agenda for the meeting:
• To apprise the participants with the on-going BAE Activities and seek their feedback and suggestions forRoundtable meetings at various Chapter levels
• Update on Photography Competition and Exhibition
• To discuss Faculty Award
• To discuss and review the resource sharing proposals and commitments as made in previous meetings
• To appoint a point person to keep a close liaison with all schools under IAP-KC domain for the execution of various proposals as discussedto be discussed in RT meetings.
• To discuss the way forward for BAE and IAP to work together.
Following members attended the meeting.
1. Ar. ArshadFaruqui (AF), Chairman Board of Architectural Education - Institute of Architects Pakistan
2. Ar. Asad I A Khan (AIK), Chairman Pakistan Council of Architects and Town Planners
3. Ar. Farida Abdul Ghaffar (FAG), Honorary Secretary, BAE-IAP
4. Dr. Noman Ahmed (NA), NED University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi
5. Ar. / Plnr. SadiaFazli (SF), University of Karachi (KU)
6. Ar. RabiaSiddiqui (RS), Dawood University of Engineering and Technology (DUET), Karachi
7. Ar. AzraAlvi (AA), Balochistan University of IT, Engineering and Management Sciences (BUITEMS), Quetta
8. Ar. Sami Chohan (SC), Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture (IVSAA), Karachi
9. Ar. Jawed HussainMakhdoom (JHM), Centre of Excellence in Art & Design, MUET, Jamshoro
Leave of absence was granted to Ar. Fazal Noor (Sir Syed University, Karachi) and Ar. Muhammad HashimJokhio (MehranUET, Jamshoro). The Chairman IAP-KC Ar. ArifChangezi could not attend the meeting due to some other IAP commitment whereas Dr. Ali AKbar Husain (NazeerHussain University, Karachi) informed that he had discontinued his service to the school.